"STRENGTH does not come from physical capacity.
It comes from an indomitable will. "
~ Gandhi


E-Rod's Angels

E-Rod's Angels

Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Wednesday, May 19th

Today, was a day of playing and a little relaxation. We woke up at 7:30am thinking it was 10:30 and man was I totally disappointed when Eddie said it's only 7:30! We got up, had breakfast and played in the game room for awhile. We took Ethan for a ride in the wagon that the Scott's kindly left us behind. Of course, he is wearing his favorite fisherman's hat that auntie Kim gave him for his birthday. (The pictures were taken in front of St. Mary's Hospital.)



Eddie and Ethan had to have their picture taken in front of the big tree. I think it's the same tree that Charlie, Abby's brother, got in trouble, by security, for climbing up on it but not 100 percent sure. We also spotted what I hope is a mango tree. I hope I get to enjoy it in a few days. We went back to the Quantum House and Ethan played with Alisa. I met the family from Haiti who lost their 2 kids during the earthquake. The only surviving son is at St. Mary's Hospital having some type of foot surgery. We also met Melissa and her mom from Maryland. She consulted with Dr. Paley in Baltimore weeks before he decided to move to West Palm Beach and of course they followed him here. Her and her mother are very charming ladies. We talked a good while about her experience so far with Dr. Paley, all of which is very positive. Also, I saw our neighbor McKenzie (another PFFDer has a lengthening fixator) have a break down. She was needing to have her pins cleaned and didn't want to because she has an infection and at that point the procedure is very painful. She cried and told her mom how all she needed was a hug, of course, I lost it. I was in tears before long and when I went to my room I cried while Ethan dozed off into his nap. I know, I'm suppose to be strong but how can I when I see kids in pain. The night ended pretty good we had dinner that the volunteers kindly prepared for us and then off we went to play some more. Ethan spent about an hour in Alisa's room today, playing house, cars, catch and watching the Wiggels. It's so good to see him so happy and active because I know in a couple of days that will all change. He was none stop today! The pictures below are of Ethan wearing the puzzle box as his hat (I tip my hat off to you daddy...). LOL
Tomorrow, we are making our way to Miami for some South Beach time before the big day. Hopefully, we will get a call from Dr. Paley office letting us know what time his surgery will be on Friday. I'll keep you updated. Thanks again for all the prayers and support!!! Good night everyone!

3 comments:

  1. Glad you have a little time to play. Ethan's pics are as cute as can be, like always! I continue to pray for God to give y’all strength and Courage and for healing for Ethan.


    So do not fear for I am with you, do not be dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you; I will uphold you with my righteous right hand
    -- Isaiah 41:10

    ReplyDelete
  2. Best of luck with your surgery Ethan! We will be thinking of you. You will make your Mummy and Daddy so proud of you. Love from Kristen, Shane, Daniel & Max Rigby xxoo

    ReplyDelete
  3. @ Kristen, I just remembered, Caroline stopped by and told us how Daniel is full of character. That when they called him back for pre-op he pointed at his little brother. That is just priceless! Thanks again for all the support I really appreciate it!! Hugs

    ReplyDelete