"STRENGTH does not come from physical capacity.
It comes from an indomitable will. "
~ Gandhi


E-Rod's Angels

E-Rod's Angels

Saturday, May 22, 2010

Saturday, May 22

Today, we was woken up at 6:30 am for blood work. Why do you put babies through so much pain? If you don't see or feel the vein move on! Don't poke him and go fishing for it. I really wanted to slap the sh@@ out of her! Ethan is resting but wished he would just wake up! I know rest is good for him but I want him to open his eyes and talk to mommy!!! No fever since last night so really happy about that. Keep praying for our little guy!! He is swollen but it's only going to get worse before it gets better. They say day 3-4 is pretty bad but on the 5 day the swelling will start to go away.

Dr. Kim stopped by today, she illiterated that the surgery was a great success. She told me that his blood count was good (11) only if it gets below an 8 will he need a blood transfusion. Lets pray no transfusion. I don't think my baby can take any more blood work!!!! He is so afraid of the nurses since the rude awakening this morning. He is sleeping pretty much all day. My neck is hurting from laying next to him in a very odd position because he loves to hug on you. Eddie and I are taking turns but no complains here we love him hugging on us. He also loves to play/pull on my hair. I've never been too crazy about that but whatever makes my baby happy.

The physical therapists stopped by today and wanted him to go on a wagon ride. He was so scared of them probably thought they were going to do blood work! We tried to explain that they were not there to stick him but he didn't care he wanted nothing to do with them. We managed to get him in the wagon and went for a quick ride.

On our way out we ran into Erin and her parents. She looked really good but was not the cheerful little girl from yesterday. She has a fixator to straighten the tibia. Her parents feel our pain. We gave each other a big sympathetic hug. I think we both needed it. Keep little Erin and her family in your prayers. That she doesn't get any pin infections and that she has a very speedy recovery!

Eddie has volunteered to stay with Ethan tonight so I can get some rest but not sure if I'll be able to. I'm suppose to be resting now and I'm updating his blog. I just can't sleep if he is not in the same room.

Georgia the day tech and the Suzy the nurse have been really sweet! Wish we have the same luck tomorrow.

Well going to try to get a little shut eye before walking back to the hospital.

No comments:

Post a Comment