"STRENGTH does not come from physical capacity.
It comes from an indomitable will. "
~ Gandhi


E-Rod's Angels

E-Rod's Angels

Thursday, January 19, 2012

Physical Therapy Week (AKA - Pure Torture)

This week started out so good. Ethan was actually doing better and then PT started. Did I tell you, I cried the first day before the actual PT started. Well let me tell you again! It's zero fun listening to the kids scream. Not only Ethan but all the other kids prior to Ethan's session. My heart aches for all the kids during PT! It's tough but mandatory! I get it, no PT equals major injuries but why does it have to be such torture? Why?

On a better note, all the kids are doing so good! Peer pressure works like a charm! Today Sophia said "I want to show off that I can walk!" then you hear Ethan say "me too!". He took about 10 sets even though he was aching some. We got his walker today and tomorrow we will get his shoe lift! I hope that with his shoe lift he will gain that needed support and encouragement that he needs to take off and become active.

Pin care is much easier now that he is allowed to shower! I've been a little paranoid about pin cleaning. So much that I texted Servado and attaching 8 or so pictures! Every day one pin worries me more and more but he assure me everything looked fine but I can't help but to worry!

Ethan is eager to start water therapy but probably won't be for at least another week. He loves to get picked up by the bus that takes us to PT. He also enjoys bubbles and picking up pine cones from a tree on our way to or from PT. We had an art teacher come by today and guess what Ethan painted? His pine cone and it's blue his favorite color. He also loves to play the Wii (Mario Bros).

Today, we met Mary and Meriel as we finished up with PT. Meriel did not disappoint me. She is as feisty as I imagined! I didn't get to chat long but look forward to visiting with Mary tomorrow. We are having a pizza party tomorrow and Meriel and Lily will be joining us!


I'm not looking forward to PT tomorrow or even doing it at home this weekend! Please pray that Ethan continues to be strong and that his pain subsides. Also, that I get the strength I need to continue this journey!

Thank you for the continues prayers and support. Good night!

1 comment:

  1. I have been following your blog - it so great to be able to keep up to date with your journey through the first lengthening. It will really help us know what is in store for us. It sounds similar to what we went through for Daniel's last hip surgery. We got through that so I know we can get through lengthening - and so will you guys! I think about Ethan every day and hope it continues to go well for him. He is a superstar with superstar parents so I am sure he will get through with flying colours!

    Kristen xo

    ReplyDelete