"STRENGTH does not come from physical capacity.
It comes from an indomitable will. "
~ Gandhi


E-Rod's Angels

E-Rod's Angels

Friday, June 4, 2010

Wednesday, June 2nd

Today, was a very long day!!! We were up from 1 am-4am because Ethan decided to have a screaming episode! Then we had to be up by 6:30am to get ready for our flight out to Dallas. We got all packed and headed out to the airport. Man was it muggy and hot!!!! It's like we didn't even take a shower because the second you walk out you are sticky and hot! I wont miss that a bit! Dallas here we come! We get to the airport an hour before boarding and so far Ethan had been a trooper! Even despite the long line at the airport! Today, I was sprayed or viewed by the cameras. I hear they see you all naked and stuff. I'm sure someone in the back was loving that! LOL I had to add a little humor to my day!!! About fifteen minutes before we started boarding Ethan decided to cause a scene. He screamed tell we boarded. Yeah, everyone was staring at us and probably thinking we were unfit parents because 1) we had a screaming kid and 2) he was in a cast! I told Eddie I bet they think he fell and broke something. I hate it when people stare! I just want to put up a sign "HIP/KNEE SURGERY, WE DIDN'T DROP OUR SON!" That was the first time I got irritate with all the stares!!! As soon as we boarded he stopped screaming! It was great, we might have a good flight after all! Ethan slept tell 15 minutes tell landing but woke up screaming again!!!! He screamed for another 20 or so minutes! Once again, everyone was staring!!! But we were glad to have landed and ready to go home!!!

We got home around 2pm and found that my sister-in-law and niece Divine had put up a welcome sign for Ethan! It was super cute and sweet of them! Ethan loves balloons so he was excited! My mom had cooked some home cooking and we were all ready to eat!!! Ethan was so excited to see grandam, ma, and pa! The rest of the day he was happy!!!

We are still having issues with the whole bath experience! He hates sponge baths and having his hair washed in the sink! Hope he gets better or that we get the courage to put him in the tub again! That's something we have to attempt next week. Wish us luck!!! Also, the other thing we will tackle is the stretches! Not looking forward to those but I know they are very important for healing so we can't procrastinate

So far diaper changing has not been that bad but we have not had a poopy diaper just yet nor have I had to do it on my own but I'm sure that will happen soon!
I guess that's a good night for today!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment