"STRENGTH does not come from physical capacity.
It comes from an indomitable will. "
~ Gandhi


E-Rod's Angels

E-Rod's Angels

Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Tuesday, June 15th ~ 3 wks Down 3 wks 2 Go

Finally, I think we are back to a normal routine and Ethan is almost back to his usual happy self.

We've had good nights and great days. No meds since we got back and he doesn't complain of pain so that's comforting. Grandma and Ma look after him so he is getting lots of love and attention. The weekend was great. Friday, we spent time with my family. On Saturday, we went to a party and then to the balloon festival in Midlothian. We didn't get to see any balloons launch but had fun looking at a couple planes and helicopter. He had a spider man hat made that we loved. As you can see Ethan's cast is now RED. Mommy got sick of looking at the ugly beige stained cast so I removed the stockinette and replaced it with soccer socks. Yeah, those are the thin soccer socks for men. They work great and gave the old cast a much needed new look. I looked into ordering new stockinette but found bad reviews. The majority of people complained about low quality and I decided to come up with a better plan. I looked for material to make my own stockinette but when I saw the socks I knew it would work! Also, we out smarted Ethan by velcroing the cast in the back instead of the front. Since he could take the cast off he started undoing his diaper. So, what did mommy do? Outsmarted him again, yeah I'm on him! He is back into his onesis!!! Has not removed his diaper since! I guess, my baby will be catching on quick and will try to outsmart me some day but I'll be prepared! :)

On Sunday, Divine, Deanna and my brother Miguel stopped by to visit and brought him some popcorn! YUMMY in our Tummy!!!

Abby has been out of her cast for almost a week! She is crawling, climbing and jumping off and on to the sofa. She is doing physical therapy 3 times a week. She put her helper leg on but was not able to walk but give her a couple of weeks and I can assure you she will be running!

Emily will be having surgery on August 12th and Aubrey will have surgery on September 22nd. Please keep them in your thoughts and prayers!

Have a great night!

No comments:

Post a Comment