"STRENGTH does not come from physical capacity.
It comes from an indomitable will. "
~ Gandhi


E-Rod's Angels

E-Rod's Angels

Monday, December 26, 2011

Merry Christmas!

Hello! Hope everyone had an amazing Christmas!

Our Christmas Eve was simply amazing! As we entered my parents house I noticed that everyone was wearing T-shirts that had "SAVE-A-LIMB" (on the front) and "E-Rod's Angels" (on the back). I was a bit confused and I was not sure what was going on. After we settled in they told us "This Christmas we want to dedicate it to you and your family." Each of my nephews had a special message then the adults gave words of encouragement. They proceeded to hand us a box with a scrapbook that had pictures of all the 4 fundraisers and a special note from each family. Then they handed us cash and checks for over $1400. We were shocked but shocked is an understatement. For the past weeks they had spent planning and raising money for our trip. They had cookies and hot chocolate booth at the Ennis Christmas Lights Parade, Pictures with Santa at Mexicano Grill, Ethan Night at Chili's, and the final fundraiser of the month was Pictures with Santa in the City of Garrett. Everyone in my family knew about it but us. How they managed to keep it a secret for the entire month is beyond amazing. My nephews gave up the exchange of gifts to help out our family now this is the true meaning of Christmas! The gift of giving continues because they are planning various other fundraisers. No words can describe the gratitude we feel. Thank you from the bottoms of our hearts to every one that donated or volunteered! Thank you for the continues words of encouragement and support as we begin this journey. Thank you to my Family for being so wonderful and giving!

Our journey begins in two weeks and counting! I've had sleepless nights and stressful days but after Christmas Eve with my family I'm at ease. I know things will be tough but I always have them to lean on.

Keep us in your prayers as we begin our venture to Florida. Ethan and Abby will have surgery on January 10th. Please keep them and the doctors in your prayers.

Thank you and Merry Christmas to everyone.

My Family:

No comments:

Post a Comment