"STRENGTH does not come from physical capacity.
It comes from an indomitable will. "
~ Gandhi


E-Rod's Angels

E-Rod's Angels

Friday, September 10, 2010

GrEaT nEwS!!!! (9.10.2010)



I totally under estimated our little soldier!!! Ethan took his first five steps on Tuesday with prosthetic and yesterday he took his first five steps without his prosthetic. Nothing is going to hold him back. Not only is he walking but he wants to run! He tells me as I hold his hand "Ethan run fast, mommy...Ethan run fast" and of course the "No hands mommy" as he stands up without holding on to the furniture. He is very eager to walk!! Not only is he walking but on Wednesday morning he stood up on the bed with his prosthetic to do the Wubbzy Wiggle. He is just amazing and so are all the children with any type of disability. Many days I sit and think, will he grow up to be more mature and see things differently than other children his age? Is his disability going to make him a compassionate and appreciate other people with disabilities? Is he going to be the Hispanic President of the United States? Last night, was one of those nights. I couldn't sleep and all I could think about was Ethan's future. Who feels my pain, anguish and fears? I know I'm not alone! I've read and seen teen going through lengthening and some days are totally bad. They feel like they are being punished and they are angry with the whole situation. How can I prevent from Ethan feeling those emotions. I'm sure it's common. I guess, we will have to 1) pray a lot and ask the LORD to please give him the understanding; 2) show him that other kids have it worse; 3) love him for who he is!


On Sunday, the homily at church was about carrying your cross and turning to God to help you with your cross. We all have a cross to carry and our job is to carry it with pride and seek the Lords guidance. That all sounds simple but we all no that some days it's a little overwhelming. I know that the week after Ethan's Superhip procedure we were all a little (why lie...) very stressful but look at us today. We are happy and healthy and those weeks are in past and now it all seems like it was a total breeze. However, if you go back to some of my blogs you will know that it's so not the case. Regardless, I give thanks for everything God has given me even the cross that I carry. The only thing about my cross is that as I carry mine I think of Ethan's and I hope I can teach my baby that God only gives him what he can handle and that his cross is just that a cross that we all must carry and seek for the Lords guidance and strength. I know, I'm talking way too religious for some of you but it has been on my mind all week. I'll get off now and let you think about your cross! Just Kidding! LOL

We are meeting with Abby in a couple of weeks and we are so excited. I'll keep you updated and post some pictures for you of our play date.

1 comment:

  1. I think I really needed to read that. Thank you for reminding me to be thankful for what I have. For putting life back into perspective as I deal with Emily's frustrations post superhip and just being a two year old. I feel like I've gone crazy some days. But remembering that god will only give us what we can handle and that you can lay it all on him is like a breath of fresh air. I'm embarrassed to say that he is not on my mind on a daily basis though i know he's with us always. Life sometimes has a way of running away with itself and making you feel so busy you forget! So thank you for your post! Im just sorry It took me this long to read it!
    Kate

    ReplyDelete